1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel L. Dealing with a difficult parent

Discussion in 'Ask a TMS Therapist' started by Guest, May 18, 2015.

1. Maribel

Maribel New Member

it was ..... how I tried to escape an unhappy youth and I had repeated it as an adult!

2. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

I am sure it was, how good for you to realize it now!

3. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

Hi
    I have talked a little about certain concerns l have with my TMS and my son. Well a few days ago l was giving him some bad news and we were talking about my parents, his granfparents to whom he is not very attached. The thing is my mother told us last year she would contribute financially with his eduation. He wants to become a Doctor and the University is far from home. The bad news was my mother decided not to contribute and it was a hard phone conversation we had last week. So trying to explain to him some differences l have had with both my parents he said: l often wondered how come you are so different from them.
    Meaning the mean and abusive parts he didnt find in me. Then l told him how scared l had been before being a mother. Scared of things l had lived as a child and of becoming a manipulative mother. He said: How good you were scared. That way you didnt make those mistskes.
    I cam assure you this few lines from my 17 year old son have saved me years of pain ahead.