1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 (GT) Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by georgethee, Jul 4, 2017.

1. georgethee

georgethee Peer Supporter

The week before last week was a good week. I had moments of being pain free. I even went out on saturday and had no pain the whole evening and night. I woke up with the same ache in my neck/trap region. I felt good enough that I started doing some work around the house, sanded and painted a door and porch. Throughout I had burning discomfort but no real pain.
    The next day I woke up with extra sharp pinches just above the previous pain region. It felt like pain at the spine, C5-C7. (which the doctor mentioned in FEB14 as DDD) I blamed myself for working too long and hard on the porch. That additional pain stayed with me throughout the week, while I started SEP. Now at the end of the first week I get an occasional sharp pinch in that c5-C7 region but my trap and neck pain almost gone.
    I excercise almost daily and run a 5k every sunday. It feels like it moved to the rhomboids region. I can actually temporarly minimize the pain by stretching or massage with the lacrosse ball. I feel the urge to see an Active Release Therapist and have him dig into those rhomdoids.
    I started reading the Divided Mind and working on my journaling which goes pretty horrible but i'll continue with bits and piece.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Georgethee. It looks to me like you are still thinking that physical therapy will heal your pains. Exercise is an important part in TMS healing, but discovering repressed emotions is the main thing. Journaling can be emotionally "horrible," but it can lead you to recognizing and accepting the emotions causing your pain.

3. georgethee

georgethee Peer Supporter

Hi, Walt, Your right. I don't think PT will heal my pain, I know its a placebo.
    I do think exercise is good for me emotionally. When I workout I feel good, I think about my past experiences and emotional anger. For me workout or running is an emotional outlet and a confirmation that the pain is not from an injury.
    I wrote down some more in my journal and I went and saw 'All the Rage' in New York City. Guess what... i woke up this morning with less pain. I would definitely encourage people to see that movie. I hope it will run in more cities around the nation. Him talking on camera made me calm and relax. I'm ordering his lecture DVD. I have collegues at work who are interested and in pain. I might just run his lecture DVD an afternoon at work.