1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 25 How I'm Doing So Far...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Mia, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Mia

Mia New Member

I've noticed that I feel an overall sense of "mellowness" that has settled over me over the past week or so. I am constantly becoming aware of new things to journal about, realizing significant issues in my past that I had totally forgotten about until now. It seems like the more I address through journaling, the more I discover I need to journal about.

As far as my pain - I am battling little pop-up pains all over the place. Hip, back, shoulder, neck - most of these are "new" as I work on the primary issues. They come and go, and I have been determined to see them as just a part of the TMS game. I have been walking on the treadmill a lot, and the other day I ran for the first time in years. Just one minute, and I felt some sharp "scary" pains in my right knee but I continued and really tried hard to remind myself that it's TMS.

I would say that overall my pain has decreased only slightly. The last couple of days I've really been struggling mentally, catching myself thinking about possible reasons for my pain - ie, looking for a physical excuse for my pain as has been the habit for many years. I guess awareness is key, I know that I have seen doctors and there is nothing else that can be done, so it is clearly fear and invention that I need to deal with.