1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 I feel liberated!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Soph1802, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Soph1802

Soph1802 Peer Supporter

I’m on day 8 of the program, but I’ve also been working through Alan Gordon’s pain recovery program and I’m undergoing CBT for anxiety so a lot is going on. I’m also re-reading the Great Pain Deception. That book changed my life!
    Every inch of me is TMS. The personality traits are me to a T (lol) and I feel so liberated to feel that I am not alone. This week, I have found so much joy and freedom is just accepting myself, pausing to breathe, being kind to myself, telling myself that I am strong, capable, healthy. And the effects I can feel already are outstanding. I feel so much more at peace with myself and I’m happy!
    I am withdrawing off medication, so my symptoms are hard to comment on. I hardly notice my pains anymore, but there are other issues. I’m almost certain they are withdrawal things but I guess only time will tell. One of the issues is heart related however and so until this is checked out I can’t really do exercise. I am determined to work on the psychological aspects in the meantime and then ramp up the physical as soon as I am able.
    Thank you, wholeheartedly to everyone who has brought TMS awareness into my life. You are all angels.

ssxl4000, Sita and Baseball65 like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I am so happy to read your report! I notice that this relief is real, and that you're not attaching too much to actual symptoms or not. This is a perfect attitude, and you're getting the benefits!

Andy

Soph1802 likes this.
  3. Soph1802

Soph1802 Peer Supporter

Thank you so much! I am sure I will have my setbacks but I know that these are part of the journey. Onwards and upwards, one day at a time

4. Tms_joe

Tms_joe Well known member

You really have the right attitude. The patience you seem to have around the situation is really amazing. It will take you incredibly far.

I wonder if most people with TMS would describe themselves as impatient. I certainly did, and I observed an increase in patience as I got better. Taking time away as a variable to this helps tremendously.

Soph1802 likes this.
  5. Soph1802

Soph1802 Peer Supporter

Thank you Joe. I must say, I have always considered myself an impatient person, but in the last few months it has really dawned on me how damaging this can be. I have been working hard at accepting and being patient. It doesn’t come easy - but the rewards are worth it.